What should you know about moving insurance?
Arguably, the scariest part about moving out of your house is the process of loading your things into a truck, and not being sure whether you will ever see them again. Moreover, there is that fear of not knowing in which condition they might arrive at your new residence. You might not have been aware of the following fact, but there is something that can soothe your fear and make it go away. And, the solution is as simple as purchasing moving insurance! Not sure how, or even why do it? Keep on reading, and find out everything there is to know about moving insurance!
What is moving insurance and do you need it?
Isn`t the sense of security the most important thing for you? We are sure that your answer is yes, which answers the question of whether or not you need moving insurance. The process of relocation is one of the most stressful events a person goes through in a lifetime. You should do everything in your power to make it less stressful on you and your family, and purchasing insurance will provide you with the security you need.
Now that we have that cleared up, let`s talk about the definition of this term. Just like any other type of insurance, this one offers a certain amount, and type of reimbursement, as well. In particular, this type of insurance deals with the damage that may arise during the process of moving and transporting your possessions. This damage includes everything, from small bumps and scratches to the complete loss of your items. How much you will be reimbursed in those cases depends on the type of insurance you get. On that note, it is high time that we look into your options for both DIY relocations and those that involve professional movers.
What are your options when buying moving insurance with different relocation professionals?
We are sure you know that hiring residential movers is always the best idea when relocating. They are the ones who have all the necessary resources and experience, and who know how to relocate you in the best and most efficient manner. Having that mind, for added bonus and security, they offer the option of purchasing moving insurance. So far, little has been discussed as to why you should purchase insurance. However, little is a lot in this situation, as the fact that your possessions will be safe is reason enough to convince you to do it. Now, let`s deal up-close with the different options you have. Let`s join forces and help you make the best choice!
- Released value protection. This is the basic kind of insurance and, therefore, the cheapest one. In fact, this type of insurance is free, because it is already involved in the moving quote. Usually, the price of reimbursement for this type is set per pound, which is 60 cents, in the most cases.
- Full-value protection. Just like the name itself suggests, in the case of any damage, this type of moving insurance provides complete reimbursement. However, do bear in mind that it also costs more to purchase it.
- Different upgrades to your insurance are also available. There are plenty of upgrades to choose from, and Moving of America strongly suggests that you look into each and every one of them.
Now that you know what your options are with different moving companies, it is time for us to tackle another problem. The option of a DIY move.
What are your options if you opt for a DIY move?
Even though we don`t advise it, we understand your decision to attempt a DIY move. After all, you feel like you can avoid paying for movers, and handle the packing and moving process on your own. However, this is where things get complicated when it comes to the insurance. There are a few things to take into consideration, and chances are you will need to have more than one insurance policy.
- Your vehicle of transportation. How do you plan to transport your things from point A to point B? Do you plan on renting a moving truck, which is usually the case? If you do, you should make sure to do the right thing and add endorsement 27 to your insurance policy. This addition covers any damages to rented or borrowed vehicles.
- You always need the help of your friends to help you relocate. What happens if some of your friends injure themselves while helping you load the furniture into the moving truck? This scenario is the reason why you need to make sure that you have the proper civil liability coverage.
- Finally, if you want to make sure you will get a reimbursement for any smashed or lost furniture, make sure you have an all risks coverage. No matter if you are moving long distance or locally, this type of coverage will reimburse you in both cases.
Clearly, everything is much more complicated when you are moving by yourself. And we are not talking just about moving insurance. Packing, unpacking, transporting your items – it all comes at a much greater risk. However, if you do try to do it, we wish you luck!
The only logical conclusion is that the moving insurance is very important. Sometimes, this insurance decides whether you will have an enjoyable or stressful relocation. Moreover, we as professional and reputable movers strongly advise you to purchase insurance for both local moving and long distance moving. Don`t think that the risks are less significant just because you are moving down the block. Purchase moving insurance. Otherwise, you will regret it, but it will already be too late for you to do something.