Everyone who’s ever had to move will tell you that moving preparations are challenging. It consists of many stages and careful planning is a must. But what if you are not in a situation to spend more time planning and you need to organize overnight relocation? Then things become even more complicated. However, you don’t need to panic if you are in the same situation. You can always look for last minute movers NJ to give you a hand and make it easier for you to organize an overnight relocation. This text will further help you out by giving you some practical pieces of advice on how to prepare better. Continue reading “How to organize an overnight relocation”
Sometimes when people decide to move, they have a lot of things on their mind. Whether they’ll fit in the new environment, whether their children will be happy in the new school and find new friends. Also, whether the new job will fulfill the expectations. And while those are all very important things to think about, there’s also one more thing – finding an appropriate neighborhood. This is especially important if you’re moving with your children because it has to be child-friendly and to provide everything that your children need. Moreover, it would be a plus if it would be close or relatively close to your office and that the schools and shops are easy to reach. To help you point you in the right direction, we’ve come up with some instructions to determine the traits of the perfect neighborhood. Take a look. Continue reading “Traits of the perfect neighborhood”
New Jersey is one of the states in the US which has been particularly attractive for newcomers in recent years. Do you think this is the case without a good reason? Of course not! The vicinity of NYC and the diversity in culture, religion and job opportunities are a great advantage that people recognize. Furthermore, countless recreational and leisure-time facilities also add up to the attractiveness of this area. Thus, if you are a young professional who is considering the next life step at the moment, a move to NJ might be a very good choice. We can provide you with the list of the best NJ neighborhoods for young professionals. Hopefully, you will find what suits your priorities and needs. Continue reading “Best NJ neighborhoods for young professionals”
Retiring should be the time when all the hard work that you have put in throughout your life pays off. This is the time when you will have no daily obligations to hold you from doing the things that you love to do. Furthermore, seniors often feel rejuvenated when they realize that they are now able to fulfill the dreams of the youth. With no obstacles in sight, they embrace their lives and take advantage of the freedom they have not had throughout their employment. Still, in order to fully enjoy the time on their hands, our fellow senior citizens need to be able to provide for a life like that one. If you are living or looking forward to moving to New Jersey, you need to know what are the best places in New Jersey to retire to. So, here they are. Continue reading “The best places in New Jersey to retire to”
We all have that favorite piece of furniture in the household that we couldn’t imagine a day without. Whether it entices nostalgia or simply ties up the entire room – there is something about antique furniture that simply leaves you in awe. And this is why it is all the more important to do your research on moving antique furniture with minimal damage. But how does one do that? Moving of America has all the answers. Continue reading “Guide to moving antique furniture”
The process of moving from one city to another with all the belongings and memories is a very personal thing. But when it’s time to pack up and move your house, the moving case shall also be different. It might be confusing to understand how the whole packing of gadgets takes place, and what you as the customer needs to do before the movers come and pack and ship your electronic goods.
However, what packing supplies you will need for your desktop computer, monitor and peripheral devices – keyboard, mouse, sound speakers, etc. will be taken care by the team of experts appointed by Moving of America – a reliable company in New Jersey specializing in residential moving services.
Read special packing tips for packing a computer quickly, efficiently, and of course – safely.
How To Prepare Your Desktop Computer For A Move?
Computer or laptop is a highly valuable item in any home – especially if it’s a high-end PC that costs plenty of money. But information stored inside the computer’s hard drive (work documents, photos, special projects, etc.) is more valuable than the computer itself, so before you learn how to pack a desktop computer for moving, learn how to take the back up of the important data that has been stored inside.
- STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DATA: The very first step is to take backup of your important data, preferably twice. You can do the same by once uploading the important info to a cloud storage service and then by transferring those files into an external hard drive if you have one.
- STEP 2: MEASURE YOUR COMPUTER: Make sure that you take the measurement of your computer tower and the monitor. Once you know their approximate sizes, you will be able to choose packing boxes of the right size.
- STEP 3: REMOVE THE CABLES: Take a quick photograph of the way all the cables are connected at the back of your PC. And then start removing and keeping the bunch of cables hanging behind the computer mid-tower and monitor safely.
- STEP 4: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER: The risk of damaging a computer part by having to disassemble it is higher. Instead, pack the entire computer tower or let the professionals of New Jersey residential moving services company do the same for you.
How To Pack Desktop Computer For Moving?
- Step 1: Turn off the computer.
- Step 2: Disconnect the power cord from the mains. Remove all cables going to and from the computer tower and monitor and pack them in zipping pouches
- Step 3: Place a few layers of bubble wrap on the bottom of the computer shipping box to serve as a large initial cushion.
- Step 4: Wrap the disconnected computer tower with large sheets of soft packing paper and secure the newly-formed edges with tape. And then cover them again with bubble wrap.
- Step 5: Cover the strategic spots with tape.
- Step 6: Place the PC in the cardboard container.
- Step 7: Fill the gaps with whatever cushion supplies you have.
- Step 8: Lastly, lift the box and shake it gently to test a little that the PC is not moving, thus avoiding any sort of damage.
Tips To Safely Pack Keyboard, Mouse, and Other Peripheral Devices
- Tip 1: Soft packing paper should always be your initial protective layer.
- Tip 2: Use bubble wrap to pack your more fragile peripheral items when packing the computer for the move.
- Tip 3: If it is possible, use original packages of your PC accessories.
- Tip 4: Good cushioning is probably the most important step when packing a computer for shipping.
- Tip 5: Be careful when handling the cables, sort them out and organize them neatly with the help of zipping ties or rubber bands.
Steps To Pack The Computer Monitor
- Step 1: The most delicate part of the computer is its screen, hence, packing the screen is the trickiest part of your computer packing job.
- Step 2: Remove the stand and pack it separately in paper first and then in Bubble wrap.
- Step 3: Wrap the monitor with sheets of packing paper.
- Step 4: Place one large piece of bubble wrap over the entire screen so that the display is covered completely.
- Step 5: Again place one large piece of Bubble wrap over the entire screen.
- Step 6: Place the protected monitor into a cardboard box of the right size in an upright position.
- Step 7: Fill the remaining gaps if any with cushions.
- Step 8: Close the lids with tape and shut the box.
The above-mentioned computer packing guide is the best way to pack a computer for moving. Follow these steps and be assured that your favorite piece of electronic equipment will not get damaged during the move, or appoint our expert team experienced in residential moving services in New Jersey, for best and effective results.