Everyone who’s ever had to move will tell you that moving preparations are challenging. It consists of many stages and careful planning is a must. But what if you are not in a situation to spend more time planning and you need to organize overnight relocation? Then things become even more complicated. However, you don’t need to panic if you are in the same situation. You can always look for last minute movers NJ to give you a hand and make it easier for you to organize an overnight relocation. This text will further help you out by giving you some practical pieces of advice on how to prepare better. Continue reading “How to organize an overnight relocation”
Relocation is a complicated process and consists of many steps. The success of your relocation greatly depends on how well you prepare. So, in order to properly prepare for relocation to North Carolina, you need to start preparing as soon as possible. You need to find a quality moving company, arrange the moving date with them, prepare your belongings and much more. And the sooner you start the more time you will have to complete everything. And in order to help you, here are a few common things that you need to do to properly prepare for your upcoming relocation. Continue reading “How to prepare for a relocation to North Carolina”
When you start thinking about moving out, that is the moment when you should also start thinking about all the details regarding this relocation. When to move, what to pack, or what things you shouldn’t bring when moving? Should you hire movers or not? The list can go on, and it is understandable why so many people get headaches when these and many other issues arise. Besides, you will need both mental and physical preparation for moving. Well, we’d like to help you to solve at least one of these dilemmas, and that’s the one regarding what items you should not pack when moving. Continue reading “Things you shouldn’t bring when moving”
Most of the advice moving companies give focuses on handling long distance moving across NJ and beyond state borders. However, there are those that choose to relocate down the street or two blocks away from their home. And although each relocation is unique and hard, surely there is a difference in handling a short-distance relocation and a long-distance. So, today we focus on the aspect of short-distance moves and ways to make them easier on yourself and your loved ones. Continue reading “Short-distance relocation tips & tricks”
There are a lot of things that should be considered in preparation for a moving day. If you are moving your garage with you, then the moving checklist might be a bit longer. But let that not upset you. With good organization, everything can be done without additional stress. In the text below you can find smart tips on how to pack your garage with ease. Continue reading “How to pack your garage with ease?”
The process of moving from one city to another with all the belongings and memories is a very personal thing. But when it’s time to pack up and move your house, the moving case shall also be different. It might be confusing to understand how the whole packing of gadgets takes place, and what you as the customer needs to do before the movers come and pack and ship your electronic goods.
However, what packing supplies you will need for your desktop computer, monitor and peripheral devices – keyboard, mouse, sound speakers, etc. will be taken care by the team of experts appointed by Moving of America – a reliable company in New Jersey specializing in residential moving services.
Read special packing tips for packing a computer quickly, efficiently, and of course – safely.
How To Prepare Your Desktop Computer For A Move?
Computer or laptop is a highly valuable item in any home – especially if it’s a high-end PC that costs plenty of money. But information stored inside the computer’s hard drive (work documents, photos, special projects, etc.) is more valuable than the computer itself, so before you learn how to pack a desktop computer for moving, learn how to take the back up of the important data that has been stored inside.
- STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DATA: The very first step is to take backup of your important data, preferably twice. You can do the same by once uploading the important info to a cloud storage service and then by transferring those files into an external hard drive if you have one.
- STEP 2: MEASURE YOUR COMPUTER: Make sure that you take the measurement of your computer tower and the monitor. Once you know their approximate sizes, you will be able to choose packing boxes of the right size.
- STEP 3: REMOVE THE CABLES: Take a quick photograph of the way all the cables are connected at the back of your PC. And then start removing and keeping the bunch of cables hanging behind the computer mid-tower and monitor safely.
- STEP 4: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER: The risk of damaging a computer part by having to disassemble it is higher. Instead, pack the entire computer tower or let the professionals of New Jersey residential moving services company do the same for you.
How To Pack Desktop Computer For Moving?
- Step 1: Turn off the computer.
- Step 2: Disconnect the power cord from the mains. Remove all cables going to and from the computer tower and monitor and pack them in zipping pouches
- Step 3: Place a few layers of bubble wrap on the bottom of the computer shipping box to serve as a large initial cushion.
- Step 4: Wrap the disconnected computer tower with large sheets of soft packing paper and secure the newly-formed edges with tape. And then cover them again with bubble wrap.
- Step 5: Cover the strategic spots with tape.
- Step 6: Place the PC in the cardboard container.
- Step 7: Fill the gaps with whatever cushion supplies you have.
- Step 8: Lastly, lift the box and shake it gently to test a little that the PC is not moving, thus avoiding any sort of damage.
Tips To Safely Pack Keyboard, Mouse, and Other Peripheral Devices
- Tip 1: Soft packing paper should always be your initial protective layer.
- Tip 2: Use bubble wrap to pack your more fragile peripheral items when packing the computer for the move.
- Tip 3: If it is possible, use original packages of your PC accessories.
- Tip 4: Good cushioning is probably the most important step when packing a computer for shipping.
- Tip 5: Be careful when handling the cables, sort them out and organize them neatly with the help of zipping ties or rubber bands.
Steps To Pack The Computer Monitor
- Step 1: The most delicate part of the computer is its screen, hence, packing the screen is the trickiest part of your computer packing job.
- Step 2: Remove the stand and pack it separately in paper first and then in Bubble wrap.
- Step 3: Wrap the monitor with sheets of packing paper.
- Step 4: Place one large piece of bubble wrap over the entire screen so that the display is covered completely.
- Step 5: Again place one large piece of Bubble wrap over the entire screen.
- Step 6: Place the protected monitor into a cardboard box of the right size in an upright position.
- Step 7: Fill the remaining gaps if any with cushions.
- Step 8: Close the lids with tape and shut the box.
The above-mentioned computer packing guide is the best way to pack a computer for moving. Follow these steps and be assured that your favorite piece of electronic equipment will not get damaged during the move, or appoint our expert team experienced in residential moving services in New Jersey, for best and effective results.
Get yourself some FEL
Most mothers know that to save a floor you need to stop the dirt before it enters the house completely. Moms happen to know all the secrets. They clip the dogs and cats nails to keep the floor from getting scratched. Moms know how to brighten a dull surface with a light sanding and fresh coats polyurethane.
Slide a chair sock around every leg on the furniture pieces. Always try and lift your furniture to move it from one side of the room to another. Chair socks aren’t sufficient to protect the floor from dragging heavy furniture.
Regardless of how careful and cautious you are, you may still find it hard to protect your hardwood floors. Everyone eventually scratches their floor through shifting household furniture all-around. In order to prevent actual wood chippings and floor damages, choose acceptable bottom protectors for your household furniture. Regarding immobile objects for instance large tables as well as sofas, dressers, lower-leg coasters and even large area rugs are usually sufficient to cause floor scratches. Recliners as well as other large goods that a person may move regularly need to be protected.
In this article we will dispense hints and strategies to make your moving experience easy and hassle free. By providing you with some suggestions, we hope to save you time, money and a heap of frustration. Here are a few tips that if applied to the beginning of your relocation plan it will save you money, save you the frustration of dealing with fraudulent moving companies and will assist you in choosing the correct company.
The most important part of moving is establishing a course of action.
A plan that will begin pre-move and will organize every aspect of the project.
Start planning as soon as you have decided you’re moving. Before you call a moving company, decide on what is going, where it’s going and when you will be moving.
Selecting what furnishings you will keep in storage, move, donate or throw away; will save you and the mover’s time.
Identify what furniture will not fit into a new home or apartment. Ask the moving companies if they offer a storage facility.
Researching will guarantee you a trouble-free move and quality service that is guaranteed. It’s important to take the time out and read some users’ reviews that may be on some review websites such as Facebook, Google + and MyMovingReview. This will help you get organic feedback from previous customers.
Also be aware that not all reviews are organic and real reviews. Fraudulent moving companies tend to hire people that will constantly right them reviews in order to keep the bad reviews hidden under the pile of fake good ones.
Once you’ve selected the best moving company in the area, you should start doing some extensive research on the company. You never want to give your hard earned belongings and lifetime valuables to a company that may damage, sell or steal your items.
Fraudulent companies have been on the rise especially in the New York, New Jersey area. Making sure before selecting a moving company can ultimately save you thousands as well as the pain of losing your intrinsic items.
The best way to avoid this is by checking the USDOT number. The U.S. Department of Transportation keeps a concise electronic record of all professional movers, their identification, size, commodity information and public records. This information is free and can be checked online for the purpose of acquiring a reputable licensed moving company.
Be aware that moving companies that have been certified by The Better Business Bureau will allow you to obtain more information about certifications.
When you have finally selected to call a good company, be aware that there are two moving estimates. Moving estimates can be either binding or non-binding.
A non-binding estimate is supposed to give you a general idea of the final cost. This is not the final price that is paid but rather a general ball park figure. The non-binding estimate is not the final cost and it is not a contract. The movers must clearly state that the cost of the move is non binding or binding. They must explain to you how the final charges may exceed the cost. This non binding estimate must be given to the customer free of charge.
The binding estimate is a written agreement that if no new element is added to the move the price stays the same. Be aware that final price is only final if nothing changes during the time of the move. If any unforeseen item or situation is introduced then the price is legally able to be altered by the Foremen. When going with a binding estimate a lot of companies will charge you an additional price for having this estimate be a binding one.