We all know the saying “Home is where the heart is”. And it is true, with your loved ones, any place will feel like home. But, there is nothing wrong if you want to have a perfect modern home. Today, with all the technology and architectural advantages, you can get your dream house. Some of the features of a perfect home are open floor plans, big kitchens, and bathrooms. Homes that we live in today are very different than before. Even if you are living in an older building or a house, you can make your living space pretty modern. There are so many smart gadgets and options, that for a small amount of money you can make your home look modern.
How long have you been waiting for the right moment to get rid of the unwanted stuff? All of us hold onto certain items that we simply do not need. Still, they sometimes hold memories dear to us. At other times, we keep them because we might put them to a good use sometimes in the future. Mind the accent on might. A portion of that stuff will end up on your attic, leading to a situation in which cleaning out your attic will be needed before the move. Not only attic, but the rest of your personal space that you have buried in items will need cleaning as well. Therefore, when the moving time comes, you are given an opportunity to get rid of everything that you have been holding onto that you simply do not need. Take that opportunity since God knows when another one will present itself. Continue reading “Cleaning out your attic before the move”
Arguably, the scariest part about moving out of your house is the process of loading your things into a truck, and not being sure whether you will ever see them again. Moreover, there is that fear of not knowing in which condition they might arrive at your new residence. You might not have been aware of the following fact, but there is something that can soothe your fear and make it go away. And, the solution is as simple as purchasing moving insurance! Not sure how, or even why do it? Keep on reading, and find out everything there is to know about moving insurance! Continue reading “What should you know about moving insurance?”
Regarded as the “City of Dreams,” New York City is the mecca for dreamers, artists, and entrepreneurs who flock to the concrete jungle in pursuit of opportunity. New York City (NYC) has often been portrayed as the glamorous and exciting hub of the United States.
If you are planning to move to NYC, you should know a few things about living your life there prior to taking the plunge. But on the first and foremost basis, you need professional movers who can safely and securely help you in your long distance move. Before your plane touches the tarmac at JFK Airport, be thorough with some interesting facts that will help you settle down in New York City in no time.
- NEW YORKERS WORK SUPER HARD – New Yorkers have a phenomenal work ethic. They are addicted to their jobs. One main reason as to why New Yorkers work longer hours is that they are paid extra for the additional efforts they put in. People earn a wider range of incomes in NYC, so workers have an incentive to try harder to move up the job ladder because a promotion is worth more.
- TONS OF EATERIES ALL OVER THE CITY: NYC is not just the donut capital of the world, but it also boasts tons of bars, eateries, and pubs. You can immerse yourself in multiple rooms of boozy indulgence at some of the famous beer bars during weekend. You can also clench a glass of some of the freshly brewed coffees of different regions in the proximity. Thereafter tap your feet on the tunes of live hip hop music in the sublimely colorful pubs with the local people and befriend them in this new city. NYC’s restaurant scene is as varied and diverse as anyone can dream. You can treat your taste buds with mouthwatering cuisines served at some of the city’s most popular restaurants.
- EXPERIENCE ALL THE SEASONS – During summer months, you can cool off in city’s amusement parks and enjoy numerous water rides. You’ll fall in love with New York’s autumn when true colors emerge and outdoor adventure takes a different shade. Autumn is the best time for hiking, biking, golf and camping, and it’s also the opening of hunting season in New York State. Once the city is covered with a fresh coat of snow, you can get out and enjoy some of the amazing outdoor activities, such as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Spring season is the best time to admire cherry blossoms at botanic gardens and to take nature-filled walks in city parks.
- SAVE MONEY ON SIGHTSEEING – Living in New York City is expensive but touring the city doesn’t have to be. Despite its reputation for being hard on the wallet, NYC offers an abundance of deals on sightseeing. There are many available city passes which are the best ways to visit city attractions, skip wait lines, and save on admission prices. From the Empire State Building to the “Top of the Rock” Rockefeller Center Observatory, the city pass makes sightseeing easy, and helps you save your precious time and money.
New York City is full of beautiful sights, great food, and endless things to do. So, now when you’re ready to move to New York City, knowing these interesting facts about NYC will help you to get settled quickly and effortlessly in the dream city. But with all the perks, it is highly recommended to hire professional movers to make the whole process hassle-free and efficient so that you are able to cope up with the stress of moving to a busy city and get accustomed with the new location quickly.
Many factors play into moving. Not everyone is moving into a big beautiful new home. Sometimes people are downgrading and moving into a smaller home or apartment. Sometimes couples are moving in, sometimes the unfortunate realization of couples not working out forces them to move apart. Sometimes a loved one passed away and their belongings need to be taken to a storage facility or another place. These are all contributing a stress. Moving is actually the third most stressful event that can happen in life. The death of a loved one being first and right under divorce.
Did you know more than 40 million people move every single year. That’s like moving everyone in NY state twice. What many people don’t realize is that the majority of the moves that happen are between the months of May and the first Monday in September. Over 50% of all moves happen around this time, likely due to children being in school and the hassle of getting them out at certain times.
Here are some of the interesting moving facts
- About 40 million Americans move every year. That’s more people than the entire population of California!
- The average American moves about 12 times in a lifetime. That’s every six years for the average American.
- 50% all US relocation occur during one-third of the year – between the beginning of May and Labor Day (the first Monday of September).
- Around: 40% of all moves in US are job-related; 42% are personal moves; 18% are military or government relocations.
- Moving is the third most stressful event in life, following death of a loved one and divorce.
- Moving locally with a moving company may cost you less than hiring a moving truck and moving yourself. The moving company will cover the labor, packing, the truck, transportation, gas, toll expenses, insurance – pretty much everything.
- The reason people (about 31 percent of the Americans) are most likely to choose their new neighborhood is convenience to their job.
- Each year in US alone, a full third of all renters move.
- One of the stunning moving facts is that about 62 percent of the people in US currently live in the very state they were born.
- Florida has the lowest percentage of people born in the state who now live there.