When the decision for relocating comes, that is the moment to start thinking about how to pull it off. Many are already well informed about how tiresome moving can be. The process of moving begins a lot before the actual moving day comes. The moving day is just the culmination of all the preparations you’ve previously made. One of the tasks for which you have to have proper preparations is packing. While for some items, like clothes or shoes you won’t need too much time, for packing glass items, or packing an aquarium, for instance, you will need to invest a little bit more in order to transfer them safely and in one piece. For that, you’ll need proper guidance which we will be happy to provide you with. Continue reading “Tips for packing glass items”
How well has your home state been treating your business? Have you received any incentives when you needed them? Also, how easy or difficult is it for you to find well educated young people to fill the needs of your company? There is one state that can answer these and many more questions. Bear with us and find out the reasons to relocate your business to NJ. By the time you are done reading this article, hopefully, you will start seriously thinking about how and when you could start with your move. After all, the aim of this article is to get you familiar with the business culture in New Jersey. It is our goal to get you involved with our wonderful state. We wish the best for our fellow citizens. Also, we are confident that they and the state of NJ have a lot to offer in return. Continue reading “Reasons to relocate your business to NJ”
Whether you’ve decided to give that old house a complete makeover, or you’ve simply realized you may have gone over the top a bit with furniture and knick-knack shopping over the years (and there it was, the glorious mountain of everything I’ve ever owned before me!), you find yourself in a pickle. Luckily for you, this world offers a plethora of private storage. Well, problem solved, then! But, is it, now? Finding the right storage is only the tip of the iceberg; and as we all know (from “Titanic”, of course), it’s what’s under the surface that counts. So, in order to keep you afloat, and bruise-free, we are here to provide some of the best tips to get the most out of your storage unit. Onward we go! Continue reading “Tips to get the most out of your storage unit”
You saw a little house, just across town that might be the one! You are thinking how much money do you need for it, how would you decorate it and suddenly, you realize that although it is close – it is not easy to move. The next logical question is – how much does it take to move locally? Will it be expensive, what should you do, how you should prepare and questions just keep coming. At this moment, it is easier to think a way how will you pay for it then to move there. That is when you should think about Moving of America – NJ Movers, the company that could resolve your issues. They are experienced in local moving and you can advise them about everything you need. Continue reading “How much does it take to move locally?”
If you are moving to New Jersey on a budget you are probably looking to save money. Well, you are in the right place because we will give you some tips and tricks on how to move on a budget. Even if you don’t have a big budget you can still have the perfect move. You just need to make some smart choices and learn how to save those dollars. There are some things like packing and unpacking that you can do by yourself. If you hire affordable New Jersey movers and follow our tips you will be moving to New Jersey on a budget in no time. Continue reading “Moving to New Jersey on a budget”
Sara is planning to move in about 3 weeks to Wisconsin from Michigan. It’s about a 2-hour drive and she is worried about protecting her plants during the local move. The last time she moved, it was about 2 miles, but during the winter season, and her plants got traumatized. Although they survived but it took them a long time to recover. Is this story sounds similar to you?
Nothing makes a house look more lively, warm and joyful than houseplants. If you’re an ardent garden lover, your plants are a part of the family; a member you can’t part with and they need to move with you but just like delicate antiques and furniture, moving plants need special care. Take some time out to consider what is the best way to move your plants.
You’ve have nurtured your healthy house plants with love, and you want them to arrive fresh at your new home. As you prepare to move with Moving of America, use these tips on how to move your plants safe and fresh.
• Keep in mind the temperature
Firstly, think of your plants as a person in terms of temperature. Your plants like temperature in between 70 to 80 degrees. When moving your plants, remember that they will do “best” in a heated area.
During your local move, those indoor plants could become chilled and would take some time to recover, If possible try to transport them in a heated truck.
• Preparing Potted Plants and Hanging Plants
- Cover the large houseplants with newspaper in a conical shape to prevent the branch from breakage. Just like florist wraps a bouquet of flowers, you have to do exactly the same. For the hanging plants, collect the foliage gently at the top and secure it with bands.
- When packing the plants, use boxes slightly larger than the base of their pot. You can use newspaper, packing paper, or other items to ensure a cozy fit.
- For delicate ceramic or clay pots, wrap the earthen pot (but not the plant) in the bubble wrap before packing. You can also wrap the clay pot in a wet paper, and then add multiple layers of dry paper for the protection.
- You can pack different plants of similar sizes in one carton. Just be sure that the pots are well-covered with paper or packing materials to protect them from breaking during the move.
- Keep in mind that a plant is a living thing. Close the top loosely and punch air holes in the box and mark the box with “Plant – Keep this Side Up” to avoid hurting the plant if you hire local moving company.
- As you go with plants make sure that they have enough space. Run the air conditioner or roll down the window in your vehicle in warm weather. Avoid exposing the plant to the direct sunlight, which is amplified through the car glass.
You shouldn’t have to water your plants on a shorter journey. If plants are in the car on a very warm day, you can spray water on them so that they can remain fresh until they get to their new house.
• Preparing Indoor Trees
It is important to wrap the pot in bubble wrap for protection. If you can find a box large enough, place the tree inside. A box of any height will add to the protection for your prized tree. If the tree is large and you can’t find a suitable box, you can move your tree without one. Always transport trees in the cabin the moving truck. Place heavier objects or boxes against the pot to ensure that the tree won’t fall during the move.
Similarly, like indoor plants, don’t be surprised if tree leaves turn yellow in the weeks following the move. Prevent shock damage by providing indoor trees with an environment similar to the one you left. Prevent it from direct sunlight during the move.
• Preparing Cactus Plants
Unlike other indoor plants, moving a cactus requires very little preparation. Water the cactus, if needed, seven days before the move.
Cover the pot with bubble wrap or newspaper for protection, and place the cactus in a box. If you are planning to keep multiple plants in the single box, ensure that the pots won’t bump into each other and there is plenty of protection option like packing peanuts, newspaper, or other packing materials. You can leave the top of the box open, as cacti are very strong plants. Just make sure that nothing is placed on the top of the box or that the needles won’t hurt anyone.
A big, tall cactus can be difficult to move, especially if it won’t fit in your vehicle standing up. We suggest you keep the plant on a flat wooden board for the move and protect it gently with soft bands. Take care while handling cactus plant to avoid getting stuck by the thorns.
• Prepare your plants days before for the move
Prune the larger plants by pinching back new growth with your thumb and forefinger. Pruning will make sure that the plants are easy to handle and transport. It will also help to grow healthy and good yield plants after your move. Do not prune ferns and succulents like cactus, jade plants, and aloe. Make sure that you check the plants for insects and parasites, days before the move. If you are using insecticides, exercise caution and follow label directions. Water your plants normally, avoid overwatering. It can cause plants to freeze in the cold weather or promote fungus growth in the warm weather.
• Unpack your plants as soon you reach your new home
Place the plants out of the carton. Avoid moving plants around until they become acclimated. If your plants suffer from transplant shock after your move, give them a few
days to retrieve. If your plant still looks unhealthy, look for help in your new neighborhood.
Just remember that your plants need time to adjust to the new space, even if you moved locally! Plants take time to recover from re-potting, so do this a few weeks in advance of the move. Observe any garden plants that you planted at your new home. Even moving within a few miles, there can be a difference in soil, climate, and air quality which will have an effect on your plant’s health. Keep a watch on their growth and call in some local gardeners if it looks like they are not adjusting well.
Sometimes, a move is necessary, and it’s hard to say goodbye to your old home and the memories you had made in it. Maybe it was your first home you ever owned or your kids grew here. Maybe it was just a really amazing house located in an equally amazing neighborhood.
At Moving of America, a reputable local moving company, we understand how much you’re emotionally attached to your home. We are aware of the fact that moving out from a house that holds a special place in your heart forever is the toughest of all jobs. On the other hand, moving your home smoothly is a lot tougher. We’ve helped a lot of people move locally, and we have a team of experts and professionals who carry out the relocation process with utmost car and safety, efficiently and at an affordable price. Moving of America makes sure to prove their clients that they have picked sentimental movers.
We all have albums full of pictures of our home, but they might not have fully captured the experience of living in it. So before you move from your old home to a new one, capture a few shots of your favorite spots around the home in your camera. While you will be taking the best pictures of your house for memories to cherish, efficient local movers like, Moving of America will take care of the packing and moving of the items. You can rest assured that you will not face any tough situation in the moving process. We show up on time and always arrive with sufficient manpower, tools and equipment to carry on the task.
We are familiar with the preferences demanded by those planning a local move. Often people ask us how do we take care of fragile and expensive things during a house move? What steps should we adopt to protect our antique furniture before, during and after a house move? We assure you that your valuable belongings will survive the house move in perfect condition because they will be packed with high-quality packing supplies provided by us. The team will carry them with hand trucks, dollies, moving straps, etc. to handle the fragile things, family heirloom, heavy furniture and other household items. To minimize any chances for untimely damage, the physical strength to handle heavy furniture pieces will also be sufficient.
There is nothing heart wrenching than arriving at your new home and witnessing broken items that have been most dearest to you. To keep artwork, sophisticated furniture and mirrors safe, our team either bring or makes boxes that specifically fit the size of the item, or wrapping sheets that cover them so that no harm is caused. Also, they clearly label the contents of the box on all sides in readable handwriting. Though it might seem a time-consuming process, but for the team of Moving of America, it is the part of our duty, so you will not only save the time but also the hassle of replacing damaged goods.
Our staff is well trained and undergo extensive training for the proper handling, packing, and transportation of your valuable belongings. They will be there all the way; right from the day packing begins till you have settled in your new premises. Whether you are planning to lease a new apartment, relocating into your dream home, or simply moving a few household items, our local moving services can accommodate any request. Being one of the most reliable local movers in New York and New Jersey, we are better equipped to provide you with the highest quality, local moving services at affordable prices.
Moving of America is here to help you stay organized throughout your local move or long-distance move. By following these steps it will help you stay organized throughout your move.
1. Establish a Moving File
Moving of America can provide you with a personalized folder, color coded to makes it easy for you to keep the paper work we provide you as well as paper work that you may want to keep in the folder yourself. If you would like to start up your own folder be sure to choose and label a folder that can store all your important documents, such as receipt, contracts, estimates, emails, lose papers and notes. Find out what tax deductions on moving expenses apply and what receipts you’ll need to keep by going to Internal Revenue Service.
2. Write a Moving List:
Writing a moving list is something that can surely assist you in all of your moving needs. By making things less complicated this list can take away the overwhelming feeling of being disorganized. Making a list of your household responsibilities for the move needs to be very detailed and comprehensive. On your list you should include your moving date and time. All names of customer service representatives that you have spoken too along with moving agent, contact info, moving estimate, checks, receipts and any other paperwork.
List all the appropriate ways of paying the company whether payment is required upon delivery in cash, traveler’s checks, money order or cashier’s check. Your check list should always have clear and concise goals for you to follow.
Assure yourself by contacting your insurance agent if you have one as well as all your insurances in order to make the appropriate changes while you have time to do so. Also be sure to have a place to keep your pets and children on the move date to keep them safe and away from all the action. Be sure to plan ahead for animal wellness, food and kennels.
Make your personal travel arrangements (flights, hotels, cars, rental cars, etc.) for you and your family if need be. It is always smart to give yourself some time in case of any unexpected situations.
3. Don’t Pack Important Items
When you have important documents that are confidential and items of intrinsic value it is always better to carry those yourself. There are some items no amount of insurance can cover. Keep all dental and medical records with you as well as medications and any and all important records. Moving of America always asks are valued customers to keep in their possession jewelry, photos, videos, keys, etc. Making sure that the box is secure is the second most important aspect in packing. Ask us and we can do all the packing for you. Our tape is free of charge as tape can be very expensive.
Finalizing a long distance moving company is a cumbersome process for your long distance move. Also, long distance moving is often complicated and that is why it is very much essential to make sure that the long distance moving company possesses the required experience to handle all your specific needs. When choosing interstate movers, the experience is everything because moving hundreds or thousand miles is a lot more complex than moving just a few miles. Without a doubt, it is a huge logistical challenge to have all aspects of your upcoming long distance move covered, so it’s highly recommended to leave this work to the professional experts who can help you stay organized from start to finish.
HOW MUCH DO LONG DISTANCE MOVING COMPANY CHARGE?
- DISTANCE BETWEEN THE TWO HOMES – As mentioned above the distance between the two homes is the only factor that remains constant. Since there’s nothing you can really do about it, turn your attention towards the next 4 factors in order to lower the overall relocation costs.
- NUMBER OF ITEMS YOU OWN – The total volume of your shipment is directly proportional to the final price you will pay at the end. Hence, it’s completely your sole responsibility to bring down the number of household items and personal possessions to their absolute minimum. You can save a lot of money by only moving the necessary belongings and those you intend to use in future.
- TIME OF THE YEAR – The exact date also influences the final price in one way or the other. The moving companies usually charge more during the peak moving season (May – September) with weekends, beginnings and ends of each month, and national holidays being even pricier. It’s highly recommended to choose a working day during the off-peak season as you can earn a healthy discount from your reliable and affordable long distance moving company.
- ADDITIONAL COSTS – Any more additional services you request from your professional partner, will end up paying more once the move is complete.
HOW TO SELECT A TRUSTWORTHY LONG DISTANCE MOVING COMPANY?
When choosing a reliable long distance moving company, reputation is everything. Having a top rated state to the state moving company can save you a lot of trouble.
- Look for some trustworthy moving companies online. Go through their moving reviews, ratings, and testimonials, and make sure that your potential relocation partner has good and positive reviews, as well as recent referrals.
- Next important thing that needs to be taken into consideration is licenses and accreditation. Make sure that the movers are fully licensed and insured. Also, ensure that the company you are hiring have positive ratings.
- Do not underestimate the importance of in-house surveys from the movers you have hand-picked as there are the number of indisputable benefits of having a moving expert visit your home in person.
- Firstly, they will be able to calculate the moving cost much more precisely based on the volume of the household items you have decided to take to your new home.
- Secondly, the moving expert will take into consideration any potential difficulties, possible obstacles and even dangers which the team of long distance movers is likely to face on Moving day.
- And thirdly, you will be given the rare opportunity to voice any fears, concerns, and doubts you may have regarding the details of your upcoming long distance move.
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR LONG DISTANCE MOVing company?
Do not hesitate to ask the long distance moving company a few important questions as they will ultimately help you in making the best decision. Some frequently asked questions:
- Whether the moving company is properly licensed and insured?
- When did this long distance moving company start conducting business?
- What type of liability coverage do they offer?
- Do they have enough experienced movers and packers during the peak summer period?
- What kind of services do they offer as extra and how much do they charge for them?
Hence it is very much clear that a long distance move is not a joke. Moving, no more seems a cumbersome process when you have a top rated long distance moving company by your side during one of the life’s most stressful and transitional periods.