HOW TO PACK COMPUTER FOR RESIDENTIAL MOVING
The process of moving from one city to another with all the belongings and memories is a very personal thing. But when it’s time to pack up and move your house, the moving case shall also be different. It might be confusing to understand how the whole packing of gadgets takes place, and what you as the customer needs to do before the movers come and pack and ship your electronic goods.
However, what packing supplies you will need for your desktop computer, monitor and peripheral devices – keyboard, mouse, sound speakers, etc. will be taken care by the team of experts appointed by Moving of America – a reliable company in New Jersey specializing in residential moving services.
Read special packing tips for packing a computer quickly, efficiently, and of course – safely.
How To Prepare Your Desktop Computer For A Move?
Computer or laptop is a highly valuable item in any home – especially if it’s a high-end PC that costs plenty of money. But information stored inside the computer’s hard drive (work documents, photos, special projects, etc.) is more valuable than the computer itself, so before you learn how to pack a desktop computer for moving, learn how to take the back up of the important data that has been stored inside.
- STEP 1: BACKUP YOUR DATA: The very first step is to take backup of your important data, preferably twice. You can do the same by once uploading the important info to a cloud storage service and then by transferring those files into an external hard drive if you have one.
- STEP 2: MEASURE YOUR COMPUTER: Make sure that you take the measurement of your computer tower and the monitor. Once you know their approximate sizes, you will be able to choose packing boxes of the right size.
- STEP 3: REMOVE THE CABLES: Take a quick photograph of the way all the cables are connected at the back of your PC. And then start removing and keeping the bunch of cables hanging behind the computer mid-tower and monitor safely.
- STEP 4: DO NOT DISASSEMBLE YOUR COMPUTER: The risk of damaging a computer part by having to disassemble it is higher. Instead, pack the entire computer tower or let the professionals of New Jersey residential moving services company do the same for you.
How To Pack Desktop Computer For Moving?
- Step 1: Turn off the computer.
- Step 2: Disconnect the power cord from the mains. Remove all cables going to and from the computer tower and monitor and pack them in zipping pouches
- Step 3: Place a few layers of bubble wrap on the bottom of the computer shipping box to serve as a large initial cushion.
- Step 4: Wrap the disconnected computer tower with large sheets of soft packing paper and secure the newly-formed edges with tape. And then cover them again with bubble wrap.
- Step 5: Cover the strategic spots with tape.
- Step 6: Place the PC in the cardboard container.
- Step 7: Fill the gaps with whatever cushion supplies you have.
- Step 8: Lastly, lift the box and shake it gently to test a little that the PC is not moving, thus avoiding any sort of damage.
Tips To Safely Pack Keyboard, Mouse, and Other Peripheral Devices
- Tip 1: Soft packing paper should always be your initial protective layer.
- Tip 2: Use bubble wrap to pack your more fragile peripheral items when packing the computer for the move.
- Tip 3: If it is possible, use original packages of your PC accessories.
- Tip 4: Good cushioning is probably the most important step when packing a computer for shipping.
- Tip 5: Be careful when handling the cables, sort them out and organize them neatly with the help of zipping ties or rubber bands.
Steps To Pack The Computer Monitor
- Step 1: The most delicate part of the computer is its screen, hence, packing the screen is the trickiest part of your computer packing job.
- Step 2: Remove the stand and pack it separately in paper first and then in Bubble wrap.
- Step 3: Wrap the monitor with sheets of packing paper.
- Step 4: Place one large piece of bubble wrap over the entire screen so that the display is covered completely.
- Step 5: Again place one large piece of Bubble wrap over the entire screen.
- Step 6: Place the protected monitor into a cardboard box of the right size in an upright position.
- Step 7: Fill the remaining gaps if any with cushions.
- Step 8: Close the lids with tape and shut the box.
The above-mentioned computer packing guide is the best way to pack a computer for moving. Follow these steps and be assured that your favorite piece of electronic equipment will not get damaged during the move, or appoint our expert team experienced in residential moving services in New Jersey, for best and effective results.