Whether in state or out of state, moving involves a lot of comprehensive and detailed planning. Out of state moves are especially difficult not only because of the distance, but also because there is so much more to it than packing up and moving out. When you begin calling a new state your home, things like updating your voter registration, updating your address on billed accounts, and getting a new driver’s license become necessary.
For help with comprehensive and difficult moves, you can rest assured you will be in safe hands with Moving of America. We provide highly customized and professional services within your budget. We also offer safe and secured climate-controlled residential storage units for our customers when needed to complete your move. Our movers are trained, professional, and experienced in all in state and out of state moves. Moving of America is guaranteed to provide you with the highest quality service throughout your whole move process.
To help make your move less stressful, Moving of America has prepared this comprehensive checklist for you to check off as you complete each step!
UPDATE YOUR NEW ADDRESS WITH BANKS, BILLS AND CREDIT CARDS – The bank is one main entity that needs to be informed about your upcoming move on a first priority basis. Due to many people having paperless accounts, this task is often overlooked. If you have online banking, you may be able to update your address through your online account. Otherwise, you can visit the bank in person or call its customer service line. Making sure your bank has an updated address will ensure that the next occupant of your current residence won’t receive that shiny new replacement debit card instead of you. Be sure to keep a list of all accounts that use your current residence as the billing address, this will help when it comes time to update your address and help to avoid possible complications.
GET YOUR NEW, IN-STATE DRIVER’S LICENSE/REGISTRATION OR ID – Don’t forget to order a new driver’s license or state identification card with your new address. When you move to a new state, you are given 30 days to update your ID and change your address. However, this rule varies depending upon the state you are moving from and to. This will help you with many of the other necessary tasks that need to be completed when moving, being that you need a valid and up-to-date ID to register to vote and update insurance coverage. Moving of America recommends that you do this within the first week of arriving at your new location to help you transition to the new state.
GET YOURSELF REGISTERED TO VOTE – Unfortunately, each state has its own specific regulations, so voter registrations are ineligible to be transferred. Although, most states allow a 60-day grace period for you to be able to vote using your old address. Some states allow consumers to update their voter registration when they update their ID. If your state does not allow this, it is recommended that you register to vote within two weeks of moving to your new location. This will help to ensure your voice is heard in the next upcoming general, primary, or special election! Most states allow consumers to register to vote via mail, in person, or online. However, your options may be limited depending on the state you’re registering in.
GET INSURANCE COVERAGE IN YOUR NEW STATE – After changing your driver’s license, it’s time to deal with your insurance providers. This is another important, yet time-consuming task that should be completed within a week of moving to your new state. To begin, have all related documents to your health, auto, etc., insurance in hand and get ready to make some calls! It is best to call each insurance provider in the same day so you have all documents already gathered and it’s one less detail to worry about. Most insurance providers can update information over the phone, but be prepared to make a trip to their nearest office if absolutely necessary. You will also be required to update your license plate, vehicle registration, and possibly pass an emissions test depending on your state.
CHANGE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER WITH A LOCAL PROVIDER – Based on your location, you may be required to change your phone number or service provider. It is best to get this task done prior to moving, so you’re sure to have service when you reach your new location in case of emergencies. It’s best to research service providers in your area and determine which is best for your needs, service level, and budget. You may be able to schedule a cut-off date for your old provider and an activation date for your new provider, so there are no gaps between your services. If your location does not require you to sign up with a new provider, still make sure your current phone number does not need to be changed and everything will run smoothly during your transition to the new state. Your service provider will be able to walk you through the whole process of transferring you electronic services from your current residence to your new state.
Once these tasks are finished, it helps to sit down and make a list tailored specifically to your needs. Kids, pets, and elders all require special accommodations that may require more inclusive planning. Moving of America is here to help you every with every step of your move, and we are able to adjust to all special accommodations needed from customers. It helps to make a list of things to do to prepare so you are sure nothing is forgotten in the move process.
If necessary, Moving of America is able to store any furniture, box, or possession in our climate-controlled storage units for any amount of time. This can happen when customers have closing dates that don’t align, are moving from a large space to a smaller space, or to clear space in your home when packing. We always offer cost-conscience residential storage units to all customers. When planning, packing, storing, or transporting, Moving of America is here to help!
After all of this has been completed, you are done! Happy Moving!! 🙂
Regardless of the fact how you transport your pets, whether it is by car or airplane, you need to make the proper arrangements first, just as you did while considering and selecting a skilled and professional cross country moving company.
Once you have planned the move, the first thing to do is to take your pet to the veterinarian. A signed health certificate is necessary if you are taking your pet via plane due to rules and regulations that most states have. Also, ask your veterinarian to implant an identification chip in your pet because several airlines require this process.
If you are moving to another state, check its requirements for the import of animals. Even if your pet is traveling with you by car, it’s best to have them checked by your veterinarian. Due to regional health risks such as heartworm, it is important you educate yourself about the location you are moving to.
IF MOVING WITH DOGS / CATS
Cats are very sensitive and always prefer to be in an acquainted environment. On the other hand, dogs have the habit of adjusting more easily to moving, than cats. For both cats and dogs, sticking to the routine after the move is very important. Maintaining the same schedule for treats, grooming and bedtime will help your pets adjust quickly.
Before The Move: Preparing Your Pets – The first step to take to prepare your cat for moving day is by making her/him adjust to a pet carrier. No matter how near, or far you are moving, a pet carrier will be the safest place for them. If he/she has never been in a carrier, introduce the idea slowly. Start by putting a blanket and cat/dog treats inside, leave the door open, and make the experience a positive one.
Once he/she is comfortable with the carrier, the next step is to familiarize him/her with car travel. Initially, you can take him/her for 5-10-minute rides, and then extend it to longer 20-minute rides.
In the case of dogs, consider taking them to a new neighborhood for walks before you move in. While you’re packing, try not to isolate your dog in a dog crate. Instead, include him/her while you pack and move boxes, allowing them to investigate the activity.
Know The Law – Most states have laws regarding the importation of dogs, cats, horses, and other pets, and some are more onerous than others. Many states inspect the pet at the border or ask to see health certificates. Contact the Animal Control Commission for the city or town you’ll be living in to determine what documents will be needed and for information on getting licenses for your pets.
Get The Check-Up Done – Depending on the mode of your travel, and where you’re planning to move to, you require certain documents relating to your pet’s health. Hence, scheduling an appointment with your veterinarian to get everything in order is very important. The most commonly needed documents are Proof of Rabies Vaccination and Health Certificate.
TRANSPORTING YOUR PETS VIA AIR
Airlines generally transport animals in the cargo compartment of a plane. In doing so, the airlines advise the flight crew that animals are onboard the aircraft. Some airlines allow passengers to carry their pets in the cabin of a plane if the animals are capable of fitting under the passenger’s seat.
How to Ensure A Safe Airline Trip For My Pet?
- Avoid peak travel periods when delays and stopovers are longer.• Avoid peak travel periods when delays and stopovers are longer.
- While making reservations inform the airline directly.
- Arrive at the airport with plenty of time to spare.
- If you are sending your pet through the cargo system, you’ll need to go to the cargo terminal, usually located in a separate part of the airport.
- Put a cushion or blanket on the crate floor. Attach a water cup to the crate door.
- On the day of the flight, take your dog for a long walk before leaving for the airport.
- At the end of your trip, pick up your pet promptly.
IF MOVING WITH BIRDS
Birds are the most of all creatures and much more sensitive when it comes to change, so moving can be particularly stressful for them. However, if planned properly you can minimize the troubling changes in your bird’s world. A lot depends on how you will transport your birds, by airplane or by car. As with dogs and cats, bus lines and trains do not accept pets. For the safety and comfort of your birds, traveling by car is the best option. This is not always possible. That is why most airlines allow birds to be flown with owners in the cabin or in the cargo hold.
Regardless of how you transport your birds, you should have them checked by a veterinarian and obtain health certificates. This is because some states require health certificates. Even if you are traveling through or to a state that doesn’t, it’s better to have the documents, for no other reason than to show proof of ownership.
Traveling By Car – Birds usually enjoy car travel, especially if they can see out the windows. If you choose to get different carriers for the trip, make sure to get them at least a month before you travel. Have your birds spend time in the new carriers or cages so they become used to them.
Tips To Moving With Your Birds
- Bring your bird’s regular food and water. Changes can cause intestinal issues.• Bring your bird’s regular food and water. Changes can cause intestinal issues.
- Have a good quality cooler to keep fruits and vegetables.
- Birds are very sensitive to temperature, so make sure the car’s air conditioning and heating is operating properly before you leave.
- Birds should travel in the backseat with their carriers belted in.
- Try to avoid using water while in the car. Instead, bring fruit such as cucumbers or citrus.
If you are planning a cross country move along with the flurry member of your family, consider using a professional moving company. If you are planning to relocate, see if you can negotiate having your company pay to have your pets moved safely. Moving companies are not allowed to transport pets. When considering professional cross country moving companies, you can ask if they work with or can help you in getting in touch with the airlines and completing all the necessary paperwork. Their skilled team handles everything efficiently from picking up your pet at home to delivering it to your new destination.
Sara is planning to move in about 3 weeks to Wisconsin from Michigan. It’s about a 2-hour drive and she is worried about protecting her plants during the local move. The last time she moved, it was about 2 miles, but during the winter season, and her plants got traumatized. Although they survived but it took them a long time to recover. Is this story sounds similar to you?
Nothing makes a house look more lively, warm and joyful than houseplants. If you’re an ardent garden lover, your plants are a part of the family; a member you can’t part with and they need to move with you but just like delicate antiques and furniture, moving plants need special care. Take some time out to consider what is the best way to move your plants.
You’ve have nurtured your healthy house plants with love, and you want them to arrive fresh at your new home. As you prepare to move with Moving of America, use these tips on how to move your plants safe and fresh.
• Keep in mind the temperature
Firstly, think of your plants as a person in terms of temperature. Your plants like temperature in between 70 to 80 degrees. When moving your plants, remember that they will do “best” in a heated area.
During your local move, those indoor plants could become chilled and would take some time to recover, If possible try to transport them in a heated truck.
• Preparing Potted Plants and Hanging Plants
- Cover the large houseplants with newspaper in a conical shape to prevent the branch from breakage. Just like florist wraps a bouquet of flowers, you have to do exactly the same. For the hanging plants, collect the foliage gently at the top and secure it with bands.
- When packing the plants, use boxes slightly larger than the base of their pot. You can use newspaper, packing paper, or other items to ensure a cozy fit.
- For delicate ceramic or clay pots, wrap the earthen pot (but not the plant) in the bubble wrap before packing. You can also wrap the clay pot in a wet paper, and then add multiple layers of dry paper for the protection.
- You can pack different plants of similar sizes in one carton. Just be sure that the pots are well-covered with paper or packing materials to protect them from breaking during the move.
- Keep in mind that a plant is a living thing. Close the top loosely and punch air holes in the box and mark the box with “Plant – Keep this Side Up” to avoid hurting the plant if you hire local moving company.
- As you go with plants make sure that they have enough space. Run the air conditioner or roll down the window in your vehicle in warm weather. Avoid exposing the plant to the direct sunlight, which is amplified through the car glass.
You shouldn’t have to water your plants on a shorter journey. If plants are in the car on a very warm day, you can spray water on them so that they can remain fresh until they get to their new house.
• Preparing Indoor Trees
It is important to wrap the pot in bubble wrap for protection. If you can find a box large enough, place the tree inside. A box of any height will add to the protection for your prized tree. If the tree is large and you can’t find a suitable box, you can move your tree without one. Always transport trees in the cabin the moving truck. Place heavier objects or boxes against the pot to ensure that the tree won’t fall during the move.
Similarly, like indoor plants, don’t be surprised if tree leaves turn yellow in the weeks following the move. Prevent shock damage by providing indoor trees with an environment similar to the one you left. Prevent it from direct sunlight during the move.
• Preparing Cactus Plants
Unlike other indoor plants, moving a cactus requires very little preparation. Water the cactus, if needed, seven days before the move.
Cover the pot with bubble wrap or newspaper for protection, and place the cactus in a box. If you are planning to keep multiple plants in the single box, ensure that the pots won’t bump into each other and there is plenty of protection option like packing peanuts, newspaper, or other packing materials. You can leave the top of the box open, as cacti are very strong plants. Just make sure that nothing is placed on the top of the box or that the needles won’t hurt anyone.
A big, tall cactus can be difficult to move, especially if it won’t fit in your vehicle standing up. We suggest you keep the plant on a flat wooden board for the move and protect it gently with soft bands. Take care while handling cactus plant to avoid getting stuck by the thorns.
• Prepare your plants days before for the move
Prune the larger plants by pinching back new growth with your thumb and forefinger. Pruning will make sure that the plants are easy to handle and transport. It will also help to grow healthy and good yield plants after your move. Do not prune ferns and succulents like cactus, jade plants, and aloe. Make sure that you check the plants for insects and parasites, days before the move. If you are using insecticides, exercise caution and follow label directions. Water your plants normally, avoid overwatering. It can cause plants to freeze in the cold weather or promote fungus growth in the warm weather.
• Unpack your plants as soon you reach your new home
Place the plants out of the carton. Avoid moving plants around until they become acclimated. If your plants suffer from transplant shock after your move, give them a few
days to retrieve. If your plant still looks unhealthy, look for help in your new neighborhood.
Just remember that your plants need time to adjust to the new space, even if you moved locally! Plants take time to recover from re-potting, so do this a few weeks in advance of the move. Observe any garden plants that you planted at your new home. Even moving within a few miles, there can be a difference in soil, climate, and air quality which will have an effect on your plant’s health. Keep a watch on their growth and call in some local gardeners if it looks like they are not adjusting well.
Pictures, statues, figurines, chandeliers, sculptures, paintings, collectors’ items, and other such pieces of fine arts form the vast collection of arts and artifacts at home, art galleries, museums, or your own art studio. All these precious commodities require specialized packaging and handling when you move them across the state, country, or internationally across the world. It is during transit that a work of art is most vulnerable. So, moving fine art pieces should be handled with care and precision. Though moving art pieces seems to be a nerve-racking process, it doesn’t have to be. Moving of America, one of the most reliable and trustworthy fine arts movers will cater to your specific needs of fine arts moving, no matter what kind of art collections you have at your home, art gallery, museum, or exhibition space.
There are many things that need to be taken into consideration when planning the fine arts moving process, whether within the state or country, or to another country. To understand in detail, read further:
THINK ABOUT SAFETY & EFFECTIVENESS – When you want to move your valuable artwork, make sure your pieces are safe and protected while they are moved from one location to another. Small damage to your valuable item could cost you big in the value of the art piece. Make sure you hire professional fine arts movers who can pack and move it safely, efficiently, and effectively. This is because they know the best ways to pack the item to ensure it arrives at the new destination unharmed, without any damage.
THEY ARE THE GENTLE EXPERTS – These fine arts movers are professional experts who make sure to carry out all packing and shipping in the most precise and careful manner. Moving of America uses the best quality packing materials to ensure the highest level of protection of your antiques, statues, valuables, specialty furniture, historical items, and irreplaceable artworks. They send a project manager to your site to survey your items in order to determine the work required and estimated cost. These specialists, combined with art handling tools and equipment, make up a team of movers who are experts in the field of logistics and also show appreciation and care for your artworks.
TYPES OF SERVICES OFFERED – There are many types of services that are needed to accommodate the shipping and storage needs of a wide range of artworks encountered. These generally include loading and shipping (local and long distance), freight forwarding (domestic and international), wrapping and packing, crating, installation, and storage (regular and climatized). Moving of America’s moving specialists can assist you in finding what specific services are required for your move and offer a fair and competitive price.
BROAD CAPABILITY & FLEXIBLE SERVICE – No move is too large or too small for these experienced and professional fine arts movers. They have experience in moving everything from single paintings to entire exhibitions. They understand that different customers have different needs; Moving of America’s specialists can create a solution that meets your individual needs – from expedited services to extended services such as: de-installation, storage, and uncrating.
WHAT PROFESSIONAL FINE ARTS MOVERS ACTUALLY PROVIDE
- High Quality Packing and Crating – Professional packers and movers of Moving of America use high-quality, reasonably-priced custom wooden crates for packing fine art pieces.. They will coordinate customized crate production and packing of any collection or piece. So whether you have a one-time shipment, travel from show to show, or need to properly store your item, our fine arts movers can provide you with custom crating and packaging solutions to meet your needs.
- Secure Climate Controlled Transit – The goal of professional movers is to exceed the customers’ expectations and deliver your pieces safely and efficiently. Whether you are moving a single painting or an exhibition, our team is well experienced to meet your shipping needs with care and confidence expedience.
- Climate Controlled Storage – Moving of America has a secure climate-controlled storage facility and state-of-the-art HVAC system to ensure the highest standard in climate-controlled environments. Our storage facilities can accommodate established collections, traveling exhibitions, and even your home art collection.
Moving fine art isn’t as easy as moving a few boxes from your kitchen. It requires special attention, special packing, and special consideration. If you want to get it done right, hire professional fine arts movers to pack and move your fine art collection.
School is the foremost fountain of knowledge where children get the chance to learn and explore various fields of education. Along with highly qualified teachers and basic amenities, school furniture also play a vital role in creating an effective learning environment.
If you too are planning to upgrade school furniture and renovate older buildings instead of building entirely new facilities, then you might require movers and packers to shift old school furniture, library books and other equipment of the classrooms from one place to another. Moving of America specializes in providing professional school moving services. We have experienced packers and movers and latest equipment to complete every move. Our moving professionals have decades of experience in all kinds of moves, including schools.
Below are enlisted the factors that are currently being given top priority when it comes to considering the upgrade of furniture and equipment in the classroom.
- ERGONOMICS – Ergonomics means the science of work. It has been a key criteria in creating learning environment that keeps students focused and comfortable. Earlier people used to think that too much of physical movement in classrooms results in the loss of focus. However, later it was revealed that providing flexible furniture supports the body’s natural inclination to shift and vary postures. So, it’s highly recommended to equip school classrooms with ergonomically beneficial furniture to allow physical movement of students while sitting on their desks and tables.
- FLEXIBLE FURNITURE TO ACCOMMODATE DIFFERENT TEACHING AND LEARNING STYLES – With each passing day, new pedagogies are emerging up thus making the classrooms look more dynamic. School furniture also needs to be responsive in order to support dynamic classrooms. Furniture should be easily reconfigured to support a variety of group sizes and enable better interaction and collaboration. Use furniture which can easily accommodate different teaching and learning styles. Easily movable and adjustable furniture provides a variety of configurations for group learning.
- STUDENT COMFORT AND NEEDS – With a wide range of ages, the furniture used in the classrooms must have the flexibility to adapt to different comfort levels of students. This is because more than one-third of children and teens studying in schools are overweight or obese, and it becomes difficult for them to fit into traditional school desks. If schools equip their classrooms with adjustable tables and chairs, students are able to adjust easily and pay more attention to their studies.
- FORMS OF FURNITURE – There are many education programs that require real world learning environment. Nowadays, hands-on-learning classrooms are very much popular as they help students develop the practical skills needed for their career. For instance, a student role-playing in a clinical situation optimally should have furniture and equipment that is similar to what they will be using in universities. School library should also have flexible furniture to support multiple learning styles. You can read our blog “How to Create the 21st-Century Library Before You Move” to get an idea about how library furnishings can turn it into an interactive learning space.
In tough economic times, renovating a facility might not be an option, but upgrading school furniture can be a feasible option to recreate classroom space. So, if you are planning to upgrade school infrastructure to give your school classrooms an all new look, you will surely require professional school moving services from a reputable company that can carry out the process to pack, shift and unpack the school furniture in a hassle-free way. Moving of America is the most trusted school mover in New York and New Jersey. We have highly-skilled professionals who can disassemble, move, and assemble school furniture in the most professional manner. Moving of America also provides safe and secure, climate controlled storage facility if in case you need to store the furniture or library books for short-term basis.
Regarded as the “City of Dreams,” New York City is the mecca for dreamers, artists, and entrepreneurs who flock to the concrete jungle in pursuit of opportunity. New York City (NYC) has often been portrayed as the glamorous and exciting hub of the United States.
If you are planning to move to NYC, you should know a few things about living your life there prior to taking the plunge. But on the first and foremost basis, you need professional movers who can safely and securely help you in your long distance move. Before your plane touches the tarmac at JFK Airport, be thorough with some interesting facts that will help you settle down in New York City in no time.
- NEW YORKERS WORK SUPER HARD – New Yorkers have a phenomenal work ethic. They are addicted to their jobs. One main reason as to why New Yorkers work longer hours is that they are paid extra for the additional efforts they put in. People earn a wider range of incomes in NYC, so workers have an incentive to try harder to move up the job ladder because a promotion is worth more.
- TONS OF EATERIES ALL OVER THE CITY: NYC is not just the donut capital of the world, but it also boasts tons of bars, eateries, and pubs. You can immerse yourself in multiple rooms of boozy indulgence at some of the famous beer bars during weekend. You can also clench a glass of some of the freshly brewed coffees of different regions in the proximity. Thereafter tap your feet on the tunes of live hip hop music in the sublimely colorful pubs with the local people and befriend them in this new city. NYC’s restaurant scene is as varied and diverse as anyone can dream. You can treat your taste buds with mouthwatering cuisines served at some of the city’s most popular restaurants.
- EXPERIENCE ALL THE SEASONS – During summer months, you can cool off in city’s amusement parks and enjoy numerous water rides. You’ll fall in love with New York’s autumn when true colors emerge and outdoor adventure takes a different shade. Autumn is the best time for hiking, biking, golf and camping, and it’s also the opening of hunting season in New York State. Once the city is covered with a fresh coat of snow, you can get out and enjoy some of the amazing outdoor activities, such as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Spring season is the best time to admire cherry blossoms at botanic gardens and to take nature-filled walks in city parks.
- SAVE MONEY ON SIGHTSEEING – Living in New York City is expensive but touring the city doesn’t have to be. Despite its reputation for being hard on the wallet, NYC offers an abundance of deals on sightseeing. There are many available city passes which are the best ways to visit city attractions, skip wait lines, and save on admission prices. From the Empire State Building to the “Top of the Rock” Rockefeller Center Observatory, the city pass makes sightseeing easy, and helps you save your precious time and money.
New York City is full of beautiful sights, great food, and endless things to do. So, now when you’re ready to move to New York City, knowing these interesting facts about NYC will help you to get settled quickly and effortlessly in the dream city. But with all the perks, it is highly recommended to hire professional movers to make the whole process hassle-free and efficient so that you are able to cope up with the stress of moving to a busy city and get accustomed with the new location quickly.
Moving to your first home is always interesting, but the path followed to get there is always full of hiccups and troubles. The process of transition is both stressful and full of challenges. You are required to set your priorities and decide on the kind of home that you plan to live in. Though the learning curve can be steep, but some of the issues can be dealt by putting in a little homework.
To make this process smooth and hassle free, make sure you get the most out of the purchase. Examine what all things need to be taken into consideration before buying, what results you can expect in the future, and how you can make life easier after you purchase your first home.
- ENSURE YOU’RE FINANCIALLY INDEPENDENT – Home ownership is a lot more expensive than renting. The financial independence score is among the most important factors when it comes to qualifying for a loan nowadays. When you own a house, you are liable for any repair costs. You may also have added utility costs, such as electricity and water bills. In addition to that, you will need to pay for taxes and insurance related to your home. These costs add up quickly, and if you are not financially prepared, you may end up in a very negative financial position. Get rid of the credit card debt first, save up an emergency fund, and always wait for the right time to buy your first home.
- HOME INSPECTION AND APPRAISAL – Home inspection is probably the most significant change that has occurred in the home buying process in recent years. Typically, the process involves a top-to-bottom inspection of the property, performed by an inspector who is chosen and paid by the buyers. If your loan is locked in and your prospective home passed its inspection with ease, then you have only one challenge left – the appraisal. A home appraisal is an estimate of a property’s value. Mortgage lenders require an appraisal on your home before they’ll provide a loan because the property is the underlying asset that serves as collateral for the loan.
- LOAN AND DOWN PAYMENTS – Being the first-time home buyer, you are always aware as to how much you can afford to spend before the bank approves the loan. You can get the best idea as to how much you can afford by calculating debt-to-income ratio and factoring in a down payment. Usually, a fixed rate fifteen or twenty-year loan is the best option as this can also help you lock in a low rate of interest. You might consider creative financing to cover the down payment, but always be careful when you make such choices. After all, you want to build wealth with your home purchase. If in case you made the wrong choice, then you may end up hurting yourself financially.
- MOVING AND STORAGE OF HOUSEHOLD ITEMS – When you have decided to move to your new home, your experience should be memorable that you can cherish for a lifetime. For that you need to hire a reliable and professional residential moving company. Often it happens that your new home may not take up all household items, so you may also need a temporary storage space. So, always hire one of the most trusted moving and storage companies as they will customize your personal moving plan to handle as much as you need and guide you through the entire moving process. Moving of America is recognized as one of the eminent moving and storage companies in New York and New Jersey. We are fully equipped to accommodate your local or long-distance moving needs. We also offer short and long-term storage options in our warehouses, which can safely and securely accommodate a variety of household items.
This brief overview about keeping in mind your saved credits, safe place to store goods provided by your moving and storage company, home inspection and appraisal along with loan and down payments help you fill in any gaps in your home-buying knowledge. Keep these factors in mind when purchasing and moving to a new home, and get ready to create lots of memories in your new abode!
A library is a storehouse of knowledge. Libraries provide free education and entertainment as per the interest to the masses, be it a student, lawyer, a working professional or a common society person. If you’re planning to move your library to an altogether new location, you will surely be in need of professional library movers. You can rely on the professional team of experts of your local mover to shift thousands or millions of books, plus shelving and furniture, without a single damage. In case you are getting your library renovated to create an atmosphere where the readers can concentrate more and get distracted less, then you need temporary storage solution. You can ask your local library mover to provide state-of-the-art storage solution for your need. However, before moving your library to a new location or renovating it to make it suitable for today’s rapidly changing digital world, look for the latest trends in the library setting (mentioned below) that are very much in demand nowadays.
- SPACE SHOULD BE FLEXIBLE – Nowadays, students need to learn how to formulate meaningful questions, lawyers require a wide variety of resources in their research to win a particular case, and working professionals need to demonstrate their understanding in new ways. This is the reason why every library should have a flexible learning space that can support multiple learning styles. Learning models are changing, and libraries need to take the lead. They need to embrace the same logic and change their setting to reflect the way learners prefer to learn. Flexibility is vital; traditional library furniture can be cumbersome and make multiple seating configurations impossible. When planning a new library or renovating an existing one, be sure it is coupled with new technology and tools that can spark innovative ideas for interactive learning spaces.
- DONT TURN IT INTO A WAREHOUSE – Printed books are still an essential reading tool. Traditional books are a valuable resource that can enrich every reader’s learning experience. However, you must put an end to warehousing books and start merchandising them. This can be done by making the books and magazines visible to students by taking advantage of displays, mobile fixtures, signage, and lighting.
While you’re breathing new life into your library, don’t shy away from adding eBooks and digital reading devices. Today’s digital natives have become used to reading virtually everything online, so libraries must provide digital reading materials/eBooks for them, otherwise they will just stop using the library altogether.
- DONT SACRIFICE WITH LIVABILITY – While making sure that the interior is eye-captivating, you have to also ensure that your library space is energetic. An inviting space helps readers gather information more efficiently and exchange ideas with others. You can make the new library space as attractive as you can, but it will be of no value if it doesn’t meet the taste and preferences of the readers. If it is a public library, then add coffee tables and scores of lounge chairs. School libraries can integrate technology to better engage students. Incorporate iPads, Nooks, e-readers, flat screens, even some video games into your school library to enrich students’ reading, thinking and research skills. Even at home, a pristine living room isn’t used for studying; it’s a nice spot to relax and entertain guests. A library is altogether a different working environment for avid readers, so make your home library a wonderful place where you can gather a lot of information, and at the same time, make it beautiful that encourages you to work.
If you are moving to a new space or constructing a new one, do keep these things in mind and plan your library space by listing and prioritizing important activities and desired outcomes. You need to articulate the culture you want people to see when they walk into your library. Whatever you do, don’t let the furniture become the main topic of conversation or dictate the space’s culture.
Moving a library requires great skill and experience, and Moving of America is proud to be one of the leading library movers in New Jersey and New York. Working with us, library administrators can focus solely on their vision for a new space, because they know that we will handle the gritty details. Most importantly, we will care for their books as much as they do, whether they want to move their library or need temporary storage solution during library renovation.
The relocation process today in New Jersey is becoming easier compared to the previous years. It is because there are corporate movers and packers companies like Moving of America, nowadays which helps people to relocate from New Jersey who has the ability to handle commercial, residential, long distance and local moves.
Our goal is to provide excellent services when it comes to handling your precious cargo such as: office equipment, outdoor equipment, fitness and sport equipment, instruments, collections, antiques belongings, small to large furniture and other valuable things you want to relocate. Due to this excellent services, lots of people find it as best way where they can move their things safe and secure and can move out from New Jersey with great ease.
However, before you start to hire for the services of corporate movers and packers services, there are things you need to consider for you to achieve the real safety.
Here are some certain parameters you can consider to choose for the best corporate movers and packers company:
- Price. This is one of the important thing you need to consider before you hire for the corporate movers and packers. Since the price of their services will depend to the volume of your things, you need to ensure that the moving company provides you the right quotation about their services and price. In case you find a company that offers lower cost for their service, it will not guarantee you standard and quality services. Therefore, take some of your time to compare their quotations before hiring them.
- Insurance and license. Another thing you need to consider is their insurance which is their key tool to ensure that they will take care your belongings. Good corporate movers and packers can cover everything that they will move and offers you terms and conditions for their services. Thus, learning that your company is licensed, you will have peace in your mind that they will not run away your things.
- Visit their office. In order for you to officially close the deal and have it seal, you can visit the office of your corporate movers and packers company. Through this process, you can ensure that you will achieve all the needed information you need and make you satisfied with their standards. Aside from this, you will also learn their strategy, where you can analyze your own estimate about your valuable possessions.
- Be aware of hidden cost. There are some companies that run their business through promotional and fake agenda. Therefore, you need to make yourself aware about it and avoid to become their victim regarding their hidden cost that will become burden for you in the future.
Considering all of these things will ensure you that you will find the best corporate movers and packers that you can trust and rely on. But to help you find the best corporate movers and packers company, Moving Of America Inc., will be the best option for you that serves professionally to the entire area of the tri-state.